Saturday, August 12, 2006

Random Stuff....

The toggle! I gifted it to Lesley Jones of Bead Genie Creations. She is a dear friend and fellow jewelry designer with excellent taste. She just went nuts over the toggle when I showed it to her, so I knew it had to be hers! Lesley is always doing really thoughtful, kind and unexpected things for others, and it was such a joy for me to be able to surprise her this way! She says she is making something special with it for her private collection... I hope to have a photo to show it off when she's done.


"What Inspiration?"

I think my hopes of finding tons of inspiration on vacation were a bit too optimistic. The beach was just...enh.... and the water was greyish with lots of seaweed. The temperatures were nice, and we did get in lots of relaxation. Despite my application of SPF 50 sunscreen, I managed to acquire many, many new freckles on my face. Funny as I get older, the freckles are becoming less endearing. *smirk*

I did create part of a new necklace which I will (hopefully) finish today. I think it will be the launchpoint for a line of color-cohesive pieces. The name? Something to do with raspberries and peaches.... maybe.

No comments: