Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've made some decisions (well, sort of).

Friday I got a call back from an interview I had the Friday prior. They offered me the job. I had basically already decided it wasn't a great fit, but asked for the weekend to discuss it with Pressly and think about it. I tried to get excited about it, but I just could not. A big part of my wanting to get a job is so I can meet people and get to know the community better. This job is in a town 20 minutes away, so that also was working against it. I tried calculating the weekly/monthly income to help me get excited, but it just didn't work. I kept thinking that I could make a months' pay in a good jewelry show over two days.

I discussed it with Pressly who basically supports whatever I want to do. He agrees that if I'm miserable at home I should get out and do something. He also asked that if I turn down that job that I don't despair over what to do with myself while I continue to look. I promised I wouldn't and decided to follow my gut on this one. I called them back on Monday and declined the offer.

I also got my magazine submissions completed and mailed them today via Priority Mail so I will make the deadline!

For now I'm going to work on getting all of my current jewelry loaded onto my website, and I'm going to put some stuff out on a few upscale selling sites, including Ruby Lane and Etsy. Not having a lot of history on those sites, I may not see a ton of action this holiday season, but I might get some more exposure and sell a thing or two since I'm not doing any more shows right now. I've neglected my website horribly over the past year, so its no wonder I don't get any sales from it.

I also have applications in for a few jobs here in town. One is for an inclusion aide with the school district, which I think would be extremely rewarding and the schedule would match Aaron's. The other is for an executive assistant for a CEO of our electric coop, and the requirements match my qualifications perfectly.

So I'll not stress about it. Instead, I'll enjoy reading to Aaron's class and going on their field trip. I'll enjoy photographing and describing my jewelry and adding it to the various websites. And I'll enjoy the holidays this year, not stressing about upcoming shows.

5 comments:

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

Hey sis! thanks for keeping us posted! I've been wondering... :)

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

I'm so glad everything is working out... Dad says you should go to realestate school "like the rest of us" Haha. :p

Love you!

Jessica and Matt said...

Sounds like you've made several decisions... and they sound like good ones! Good for you! I'm excited for you...

Love you!

RARE1 said...

I know that whatever you decide upon, you'll be great at it. I am proud of who you are, and I know you will get the direction you are seeking. I love you girl!

AmyG said...

Jas- OMG!!! I can't believe I found you on here!!! Didn't know you and Jess were bloggers too!!! Maybe we can keep in touch! I see Jordan every once and a while and she fills me in on you and your family. Glad to hear you are doing well. Things are still great in Buffalo. Write me!