Friday, October 10, 2008

Random.


Old Dog, New Trick

Our dog Chelsae, who is 14 years old, has learned that if she scratches at the door I'll get up. She's been house trained as long as we've had her (about 12 years) and all that time, scratching the door = "I need to go out." It's taken ME a few weeks to realize that she has a new trick. Apparently she's not the only one around here who is getting older! I thought maybe she was just getting fickle in her old age. It all became clear the other day when she scratched, I got up and went to the door and instead of just backing away like she had done several times before, she walked into the kitchen started doing the Feed Me dance. Her bowl was empty. She gets a little panicky when her bowl is empty and more than just a little panicky when she sees us reaching all the way to the bottom of the dog food bag to fill her bowl.

Note: Feed Me dance = Chelsae sits up on her haunches waving both front paws at the human for whom she is dancing, then she jumps in a full circle, bounces a little, stands up on her haunches and starts all over again. If you don't respond fairly quickly, she adds sound effects, indicating that the situation is dire. It is important to note that she doesn't usually want to eat when she does the dance, nor is she hungry; she just needs the security of having kibble in her bowl.





Flying High

Pressly has been learning to fly his new model airplane and Aaron is taking quite an interest in it. He has his own RC helicopter that he's been flying while Pressly flies his plane.

I was focusing on his face and snapped this shot about a millisecond before the helicopter crashed into my camera. I didn't even see it coming, so the perspective here is accidental but pretty cool. We both got a good giggle out of the crash.


Notice: Shirt and shoes are optional, apparently.































I love this one!


This one was way off in the distance and the lighting was really bad Aaron's expression is priceless.

6 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

What sweet pictures! These are such fun memories. And girl, in that one pic, I thought there was something on A-rock's head. So funny that that was the helicopter he was sending straight your way! I love the pic of Peebes and & A-rock walking together, too. So sweet.

So yay that you're back!!! Love you!

Jessica and Matt said...

Seriously--these pics capture a sort of Norman Rockwell sense of every day, all-American life. :)

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

Love the updating sis! :)

And the pics are too precious!

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

YAY! I love to catch up with what you're doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica and Matt said...

Btw--I meant to tell you that I love me some Chelsea Butter. She's so smart and so sweet. She's just a GOOD DOG! And you did a very fine job of describing how she asks for food and stuff. So cute.

Jill said...

I can't believe how big he is!!! wow. :)