Friday, May 08, 2009

Don't look now, but

It seems common sense has made an unscheduled appearance. LOL The day our school decided to shut down due to a suspected case of the piggypiggyflu, the CDC chastised such actions, so instead of being closed until the 18th, we'll resume our regularly scheduled program on May 11th. Don't know yet whether we'll have to make up the missed time, but the general consensus is that TEA won't require schools to make up the time.

In other news, I have almost finished the semester from hades, and promise I will never, ever take 21 hours at at time again. I have one more test on Monday night that isn't worrying me too much, then I can officially say I'm done. Thanks to the support of a very helpful and understanding husband, I was able to concentrate on schoolwork when I really needed to, and it looks like I'll pull off another 4.0! Don't tell anyone, but I'm shooting to graduate magna cum laude, and it looks like I might just do it.

One of my professors tells me that I have what it takes to earn my PhD and get paid to do it, but I would have to be willing to relocate to a school that would offer me a fellowship. Unless that school is in the Dallas area or UT Tyler, that's not gonna happen. *sigh* I can't get caught up in the shoulda coulda wouldas, though - I have a pretty darn good deal going here - a fantastic, supportive husband and wonderful son who are both such blessings. And really, what would I do with a PhD at this point? Maybe I'll work toward that slowly if the public school teacher gig doesn't float my boat.

2 comments:

RARE1 said...

I am so proud of you! And so happy that this semester is OVER!

Jessica and Matt said...

OMG!! I've missed so many blogs! Get paid to do ur phd??never even heard of that. Wow! And wth?? A 4.0? Magna cum laude?!? U = studmuffin extraordinaire! Wow.