Thursday, January 08, 2009

I don't talk to hippies!

Me: Are you ready for a hair cut? You’re starting to look like a hippie.

Aaron: What’s a hippie?

Me: (squirming a bit) A hippie is someone from the 1960’s and 1970’s who let their hair grow really long. They also didn’t follow all the laws or rules of society, but instead had their own ideas of how society should be and they believed in peace and love.

Aaron: Was your grandpa a hippie?

Me: No, my grandpa was not a hippie.

Aaron: Well, were any of your ancestors hippies? (ancestors?!?)

Me: No, Not that I know…. Oh wait! Your Nana was a hippie! (how could I have forgotten about my own MOM?)

Aaron: (in a fit of giggles) Really? Your mom was a hippie?

Me: Yep – you want to call her and ask her?

Aaron: No! I don’t talk to hippies!!

Me: You talk to your Nana all the time!

Aaron: That was before I knew she was a hippie.


Maybe someday I'll make us some cream cheese, alfalfa sprout and black olive sandwiches like his hippie grandma used to make for me.

8 comments:

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

HAHAHAHA! That made me laugh so hard.

I just read this to mom and she said that the sandwich sounds great to her and that she is the coolest hippie nana he'll ever know.:)

Jasmine Bonner said...

She's absolutely the coolest hippie nana ever on the face of the earth.

Jill said...

I love this!!!

Hippie Rita! gotta love her!

RARE1 said...

Aw-w-w-w, m-a-n! My secret past is catching up with me! What to do? What to do? I won't survive if he quits talking to me. Hey, Aaron--let it grow, let it grow, let it grow...I really dig long hair on guys!

Jessica and Matt said...

Alfalfa sprouts, girl! Alfalfa sprouts!

Jasmine Bonner said...

Oops, you're right Jessica! I have to go change that. Bean sprouts are in noodle bowls; alfalfa sprouts are on my sammich.

Eileen said...

that sandwich sounds delicious! Sign me up! And I don't mind talking to hippies, either.

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

hippie. I wish I could be one. Unfortunately, I just feel too much of a sense of responsibility to "freely" love and smoke pot all day.