Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Excitement


We're in the midst of preparing for Christmas around here. Gifts have been purchased, (some have even been wrapped!), and school's out until early January.

Aaron built a fabulous Gingerbread house and only ate some of the frosting and candy decorations. As the photos progress, notice the direct correlation between the amount of frosting on the gingerbread house and the amount of frosting on Aaron's person.

And I got a pedicure with a gorgeous Christmas shade of red w/ red sparkles. It was over 70 degrees on Friday, hence the flip-flops. ;)
Pressly still has shopping to do, bless his heart. He'll be out in full force Monday with the rest of the last-minute-shopping crazies. I offered to buy for myself, but he would have none of that.

I designed and ordered our Christmas cards today (yes, I do realize it's December 21st. They will go in the mail tomorrow, and they will either show up before Christmas or after, but they will get there, at least!

Today Aaron and I are wrapping gifts, then I suspect I'll need to do some laundry - I'm pretty sure my poor husband wore the same pair of jeans to work today that he wore yesterday. Fun times!

4 comments:

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

Girl-Aaron is out of control with that icing! :) The house looks cute though. Gingerbread houses are fun!

70 degrees... so nice. :) I'm pretty sure Jodi rode with the top down on the stang' that day.

Jessica and Matt said...

Oh my daaaang. The gingerbread house and maker --so cute!

Also, I totally copy-catted you--your pedi looked so festive, I had no choice.

And OMG. Thank you sooooooo much for rescuing me yesterday!!! I no longer feel overwhelmed with everything, and can actually enjoy a little time with Matt today before getting back (and putting him!) to work. My goal is to have the house completely ready tonight, and get some grocery shopping done for the partay, too... Before beddy-bye time. You are seriously a life saver! Thanks, sis!!

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

yay for festivities! aaron did better on the house than I could have! fo sho!

Jill said...

hehehe....you and Jess have the same pinky toes!!!