Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No Stress

I realized today that my skin has cleared up. I can't attribute it to any change in my skin care routine, but I have been aware of feeling calmer the past week or so. This first semester back at school has been thrilling and more gratifying than I could have possibly imagined. I'm sure at some point I'll be fed up with school and be ready to be done, but for now I just love learning.

Tomorrow I have two final exams and must turn in a field work report which I thought was a relatively minor assignment, but it turned into a 24 page monster. I think I did a good job on the report, and have no anxiety over the exams. I have to score a 52 on one of them to ensure an A for the semester, and I haven't calculated what I need on the other one because I only have 2 of the 4 grades for that class, but I'm confident that I'll pull an A in that class also. The only unknown is my writing class, and making an A in that class is contingent upon making a B+ or better on that paper. I never got to the point that I felt overwhelmed this semester (well, not after the initial adjustment period anyway). Granted, I took only 9 hours, but after being out of school for so long I didn't really know what to expect. Pressly, Aaron and I are adjusting to the changes that have come with shaking things up and I think we'll all survive. Next semester I'm taking 18 hours.

So maybe the title of my post isn't completely accurate. I do have a little bit of stress, but my psych teacher says small amounts of stress can be beneficial. At least my skin has cleared up. I never had breakouts as a teenager, but as a 33 year old woman, I'm paying my dues. Nice.

Oh, hug someone you love today. You never know when they might be gone for good.

3 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Gurul! You = SupaDUPAstah!!!! Seriously. I'm impressed. Not surprised, of course... but wow! So good for you!

I'm glad you're feeling less stress. You're a good student - not doing things my style (waiting until the night before to start your papers, etc...).

But I'm thinking next semester, you're not going to even come close to posting a "No Stress" blog. 18 hours?!?! Holy MOLY! But you know, I remember getting to the point where I decided that I wanted to just push through and finish asap - no matter how stressful it might be.

So good for you, tisser!

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

YAY You! Doesn't it feel good to do well? I'm proud of you...but worried about your 18 hours. I think I'm breaking out for you...

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

18 hours?! Oh my goodness...

I'm sure you can do it, but-yikes!

I'm proud of you sis! Love you!