Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sly Fox

Look at this sly fox we spotted hiding amongst the trees.



Don't worry - there aren't a lot of red foxes roaming the wilderness in Kaufman these days. Aaron has a report on the Cherokee tribe due Monday, and we've been working on it for almost two weeks now. He had to research their habitat, housing structure, food, and social habits and write a report with illustrations. While he presents his report to the class, he is supposed to have a 3-D visual aide. He wanted it to be a lot more elaborate, but mommy's paper mache and hot glue skills only go so far.

He is pleased with the final result, and has some very green fingers to prove his involvement in the proces. we needed to make trees, and I had originally thought we'd just paint some cotton balls. Have you ever tried to paint a cotton ball? It doesn't work. So plan B (improvisation is my middle name) called for a little water, some green food dye and the use of our clothes dryer. It worked, but cleaning the dryer wasn't so much fun.


Here's hoping A-Rock enjoys giving his report to the class. He's learned a lot about the Cherokee, including the fact that they were not nomadic and did not live in teepees. And some of the men wore scaplocks and 'porcupine roaches,' which you can Google if you want to know more.


3 comments:

Jaelan @ Making Mrs. M said...

What a good mommy, helping with the project! :)

Cotton balls in the dryer? Ohhh dear.

j.o.r.d.a.n. said...

Wow! I'm impressed! That thing is huge! Good luck AARON!!

Jessica and Matt said...

He looks so proud! So cute. Girl, I didn't realize it was going to be so freaking massive. I hope it makes it to class in one piece!

Yeah... food coloring in the dryer... you're more brave than I am fo sho. And you're just nicer. I think when it's time for my kids to do stuff like this, I'm going to tell them they're on their own. Or just start home-schooling them so they don't have to do the projects. That's a good idea, right? Just avoid what's inconvenient...

Well, the 3-D visual aid looks like a complete success. I'm sure the oral report and the rest will be a hit as well. I wish you could video it - I bet it will be SO CUTE!

Okay, have a great day. Love you, fartie :P