Thursday, October 04, 2007

Giggles

Aaron's classmates have bestowed the nickname "Giggles" on him. His kindergarten teacher once told me that when he started laughing, she couldn't say anything to him or he would totally collapse in laughter gasping for breath, then the domino effect would cause the entire class of 5 year olds to erupt into laughter. I figured he would outgrow it, but apparently if that's going to happen, it'll be sometime in his early 30's. I asked him why he thinks his classmates decided to call him Giggles, but instead of answering me, he looked at me with a sparkle in his eye and informed me that a girl in his class is nicknamed....

Monkeybutt.

Aghast, I just looked at him for a minute, sucking in my cheeks and biting down on them to suppress an outburst. When I felt I could speak without choking or laughing, I asked him why she was nicknamed that. He just shrugged and said he didn't know but he thinks she said her uncle gave her the nickname. Of course, I told him he is absolutely not allowed to say that nickname to her. Ever.


Hmmm.... Giggles, Monkeybutt... wonder what he's not telling me?

1 comment:

Jessica and Matt said...

I LOVE that CHILD! Seriously. I want to steal him from you. And I love your storytelling! The part about sucking in your cheeks & biting them--I TOTALLY know what you're talking about! I love the way you paint these pictures. You da best, sista gurl.

Love you!