Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Ozone

I thought I had decided on a color for my classroom, but the more I looked at it, the  more I felt it was a bit too bright.  I chose a few shades lighter than carribean blue, but it didn't provide the serene feeling I was going for.  So I stood in front of those racks at Home Depot and looked and looked and looked.  Aaron tried to help, but he kept choosing colors named things like cherry red, competitive orange and sunshine yellow.  Uh, not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks anyway, kiddo!

I knew when I found the shade I would just know it.  Finally I laid my grubbies on a sample from the Behr Ultra display.  Ozone.  It's perfect: a pale greyish-blue shade that is calming and acts as a nice background for the other very brightly colored things I've already chosen for my room.  It's blue, but not baby-nursery blue, and I think it's fairly gender-neutral.  At any rate, it's the color that will go on my walls because I've spent the money now!

Huge thanks to Home Depot for this color swatch.

1 comment:

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.