Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Random

This is Spencer.  He used to be my sister Jessica's dog, but now he's ours!  He's such a sweet boy.  And maybe a little sassy, too.  Check out those crossed paws.

Speaking of sassy, Aaron snapped this picture of me on the way to church Sunday.  I still can't believe I have only ONE chin after all these years.  It catches me off guard when I see a photo of myself.  I wonder if I'll ever get used to the way I look now?


I went today to see what kind of progress has been made on the construction in our building.  My classroom is almost complete.  They just need to put a few more ceiling tiles in place.  I am going to buy paint tomorrow.  I'm not sure photos can do the scene justice, but I'll try:

I'm not sure the colors are right in these photos.  The walls are sunshine yellow, orchid purple, teal and Pepto pink.  When I first saw my room, the lights were off and in the dim lighting, I though the colors were pretty cool.  After going back and actually seeing them with the lights on, I realized that: a) I don't care for the color combo at all - in fact, I have a very unsettled feeling when I'm in there; and b) the walls are really dirty and marked up.  I think I'm going to paint all four walls a serene shade of blue and if that goes well, I might add a lime green stripe.

Having all brand new ceiling tiles already makes the place look clean and fresh.  Once I get everything painted, I hope it's a relaxing, welcoming place for my kiddos.

In other news, I did spot a teacher's desk in the hallway with my room number on it, so I will at least have a desk.  Not sure what else will be there.  I plan to write a before/after post once I get all moved in and settled in my new classroom!

1 comment:

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.