Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Setting it all Up, Or not...

I was so exhausted yesterday, but I resisted the urge to take a nap.  I just knew I'd be able to fall right asleep last night.  Notsomuch.  I tossed and turned from 11 to midnight, then gave up for a while.  I finally fell asleep after 1.  My mind was spinning about how I'm going to set up my room.

I spent several hours yesterday covering bulletin boards, arranging furniture, etc. 

Yes!  I have furniture!  The big teacher's desk has one dubious leg.  I'll need to watch that to make sure the steel behemoth doesn't threaten to amputate any young toes.

But I still do not know how my room setup will work.  My document camera/projector cart needs to be 10 feet from the nearest electric plug on one wall.  It will have to be  12 feet from my computer on a different wall because the network drop is waaaayyyy over there.  And I can't seat kids directly behind the cart, or they won't be able to see.  Oh, and I need to create a small classroom library area.  So I need to think about cords, visibility, space efficiency, seating arrangement, and who knows what else!  These are things the general population doesn't consider.  Can't someone just come set this up for me and then I'll make changes to suit me? 

On the upside, I got keys to the building and my room yesterday, so I'm no longer at the mercy of others to let me get in there to work.

1 comment:

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.